Friday, July 13, 2012

Sharing the Gospel in the neighborhood

Sharing the Gospel in the neighborhood was really special.  The kids are so bold and will approach anyone, so that's a big difference from the states.  We weren't actually in their specific area but it was in their bigger community and with folks that go do things with.  One of the best part of the day for me was that when I got off of our bus in the middle of a field to meet our kids, the kids from the primary school were heading home.  All of a sudden I got a tap on my back and it was Frida, a little girl we used to sponsor but thought to have moved away.  We hugged and then she stayed with our group the rest of the morning.  When it was time to say goodbye, it was very difficult.  I got back to the bus and before I knew it, she was running up again with her pictures of she and I from the year before.  She was very sad to not have done CampLife again but based on the fact that Family Legacy thought she had moved, she didn't get included.  Since we began sponsoring someone else, we now have her info back on our sponsor page and hope to have her sponsored soon.  I just could hardly believe that with so many children in Kanyama, what were the chances of us meeting at that time.  I can only believe it was a divine appointment.  I am so thrilled to know she is OK. 

Today, our last day at camp and the evening before we leave to return home, I just don't have the ability to share how our week concluded.  I will share it soon, but trust it was an amazing conclusion.  Pray for our travel safety as we head home tomorrow morning and will get into Dallas on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.

No comments: