Monday, July 30, 2012

Friday we delivered gifts & said goodbye!

Friday is a huge day at CampLIFE.  Not only do we have a final large session, but the children receive gifts.  They got a bookmark, a couple of sweets (4 starbursts), a certificate, a t-shirt, a bandana, their shoes and a New Testament Bible.  It was so thrilling to see their precious faces with all the excitement about these gifts, things our children can get any day of their lives.  If you could see the condition of their shoes that they come in, you would be so blessed to know that you were able to give them new shoes just because.  Kevin had a couple of boys that shared 1 good pair, so they each had one good shoe on and one bad one on.  That'll make you stop and think about all we have.

Below are my girls trying on new shoes.








It was also a day of saying goodbye which was incredibly sad.  The reality that they will not be enjoying another day away from their communities is very difficult, but mostly that they have been loved and encouraged and spared difficult times during the week and that is priceless for them.  There were many tears, but the reminder that last year when we didn't think we'd ever see each other again proved wrong, they left me praying that I would return again next year.  I really can't put into words how I feel about these children.  The Lord opened a whole new world for me last year that got bigger this year.  I see these sweet faces so often and when I least expect it.  I truly think God intends for them to be forever in my heart and I trust they will be blessed by Him.






No comments: