Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lilly is 1!

OMG, Lilly turned 1 on August 14th.  I just can't believe the year has flown by so fast and that we weren't there with her, but I'm learning many grandmothers do that every day!  I'll share pictures, which some of you have probably seen if you're on facebook, but Amanda did not let living in Lusaka, Zambia stop her from having some of the cutest decorations for Lilly's party with the neighborhood.  I've been shopping with her in Lusaka and you have to be some creative to do what she did with what is available there.  I think she said she used wrapping paper, doillies and very small rope.  I'm so thankful for the support that everyone at Am Com gives to them.  We did not have the pleasure of meeting their friends, the Guffey's, but I know how special they are to them too.  OK, here you go, pictures of our newest 1 year old in a precious dress her mom made her.






This is inside their home.  They turned the desk sideways for the party.  Below is their side yard and it looks like they have a new fire pit.  You enter the complex on the other side of that wall.  They are the 1st of 5 homes.




No comments: