Sunday, June 19, 2011

Remembering my Dad on Father's Day

It's Father's Day and I can't help but think about my dad and all the many ways he was precious to me.  Dad went to be with the Lord on May 6th at 1:27 a.m. after a long illness and hospital stay.  We were with him when the time came and even though it was a very sad time, it was also very peaceful.  Dad had some amazing doctors and nurses throughout his stay in the hospital which brought much comfort to us.  My mom has been amazingly strong considering she has lost the love of her life and her favorite dance partner.  Some of the sweetest times I've had with my dad were when we had early morning visits before anyone else was awake, when he drove all night to Dallas to surprise me when Lindsay was born, when we traveled to San Francisco, Natches, MS and Devil's Den in Arkansas after Lindsay's wedding, when he walked me down the isle, when he taught me to dance to Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass Band.  My dad taught me to play basketball and seldom missed a volleyball, softball or basketball game. And I loved our outings to the Dallas Arboretum each Spring and Fall.  He taught me great lessons to live by.  But what I loved most was his love for my mom.  Their relationship was quite rare and a great example for so many.  I'm really missing my dad but am celebrating him on this Father's Day. 

Celebrating Dad's 80th Birthday with lunch at Babin's Restaurant!





Arboretum trips!




Baylor vs Tech at Cowboy Stadium


2 comments:

lindsay said...

beautiful!

gale marsh said...

very very sweet. You Dad was amazing and the love he had for everyone is a tribute to his life on this earth. love to you all